Rating:
DNF
Themes:
Romance, Holiday Romance
Thoughts:
I usually avoid fiction written by celebrities or influencers as too often they rely on their name/status to sell books rather than the work itself but as someone I know was getting rid of it and I’d never read a Mills and Boon before I thought I’d give it a shot. First of all, I do enjoy reading a holiday romance and tend to find the settings particularly beautiful and this one was no different with the Caribbean backdrop. However, I found it incredibly grating that Gill repeated that its the Caribbean or Tobago at least once in every chapter, it made me feel like she was doubting the intelligence of her readers by needing to constantly remind us which ultimately put me off the book as I don’t want to read something by an author who thinks so low of her readers. I also found that despite the characters written to be diverse they were actually only diverse on the surface with a lot of them feeling 2 dimensional and selfish which is especially bad when you remember they’re all supposed to be there to support a friend at her wedding.
Favourite Quote:
“To be miserable in paradise was a unique form of punishment.”

Comments
Post a Comment