Rating:
3 Stars
Themes:
Short Story, Domestic Fiction
Thoughts:
Green does a great job of addressing parenting friendships with Sam, Jackie and Anna being very different people with different types of marriages, yet they’re all still friends with their children being friends nonetheless. Seeing Anna’s point of view felt very relatable as she seems to be comparing herself to the others and seeing more of her own failings but all 3 seem to put themselves down in comparison at least once which makes them feel more real and human. I also really liked the ending and think it could be interesting to go on to read The Mummyfesto after this one.
Favourite Quote:
“That was when I realised what my resolution should be. Actually, not what it should be, but what I wanted it to be.
To be happy. It was as simple and as complicated as that.”

Comments
Post a Comment