Rating:
4 Stars
Themes:
Romance, Halloween
Thoughts:
I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily. I love Carlisle’s romances because they feel like they’re focused on a theme or aim alongside the romances, and this one is a fun one with a Halloween decorating competition. I’ve always loved Halloween and decorating for the holiday so it was fun to watch Lila and Grady construct the elaborate scenes. The small town element also feels relatable as someone who’s family is from small towns with everyone knowing everyone else’s business and I liked the banter between all the townspeople as well as Lila and Grady. I also loved Beetlejuice with the judgy looks and the perfectly terrible timing, he added an extra element to the romance.
Favourite Quote:
“A good scare is a gift. It's the safest fear you'll ever feel. You scream, and then you laugh, because your body just found out the monster was foam, and for one second, everything that's actually chasing you is foam too.”

Comments
Post a Comment