Rating:
5 Stars
Themes:
Children's Fiction
Thoughts:
I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily. This is an amazing little book. I didn’t have type 3 or 4 hair or get protective styles every week but I still hated having my hair done and I can only imagine how much worse it must be to be the only one whose hair looks different in the class. The idea of Malashia twists being magic brings childhood joy to the different possible protective styles and is a fun way to talk to kids about their hair. I really liked the glossary and care guide/steps at the end of the book to help not only the kids but potentially parents of mixed race kids or even just those whose hair is a different type to their child.
Favourite Quote:
“Malashia realized that what made her different also made her special.
She and her hair were perfect just the way they are.”

Comments
Post a Comment