Rating:
4 Stars
Themes:
Romance
Thoughts:
I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily. Another cute installment to the Dreamboat Cruises series. Harper embodies the eldest daughter (although I can’t 100% remember if she is the eldest) to a tee, organising everything for a wedding on the cruise and squashing emergencies almost as soon as they arrive. Then Finn arrives and becomes her cabin roommate and throws everything in the air. I loved that Finn instantly saw her burden and started to try ease it, helping with setting up and supporting wherever possible. Finn and Harper are childhood friends which makes it all so much cuter as they have a full history already and a few inside jokes already which led to some great banter at moments. Though this feels like a romcom at times there are some real moments of vulnerability with childhood traumas and supporting each other as a four. Also the fence moment was the cutest thing and really showed the depth of the emotions and characters. I can’t wait to see who gets on a Dreamboat Cruise next.
Favourite Quote:
“I wonder if our most empty parts can't be fully stitched up by ourselves. And not because we need someone to love our brokenness away, though that certainly couldn't hurt. But because it's the act of opening our hearts to love someone else, even when they hurt us, that provides the balm.”

Comments
Post a Comment