Rating:
3 Stars
Themes:
Romance, Short Story, Found Family
Thoughts:
This is a cute short story emphasising the importance of found family over the case of a week. It seems like I’ve jumped in in the middle or at the end of a story so I think I need to go back and read more from the series but seeing the bakery come to life over the space of a week and the interactions between the friends that feel like family are a happy and cozy read. The cookie flowers as chapter breakers between days is also a cute touch.
Favourite Quote:
“I looked around at these faces - my people, my family. None of them were related to me by blood. I had spent most of my life believing that family was something that happened to other people something determined by birth, by luck. But this table proved otherwise. Family was a choice.”

Comments
Post a Comment