Rating:
3 Stars
Themes:
Play, Humour
Thoughts:
This was quite an entertaining read, although reading a play can never give the same (intended) impact of watching it did have me laughing at a few points. I must admit I have already seen the film so I read Miss Shepherd in Maggie Smith’s delivery but I think that somewhat enhanced it since we’re told in the beginning she also played her in the opening of the play itself too. Having two Alan’s and him debating with himself was interesting as it shows us his reactions in the time the things happened and how he views it now when writing it with the benefit of hindsight to reflect. Miss Shepherd is an interesting character and although funny for us as readers and a film/play audience, I’m somewhat amazed by Alan’s patience with her as I don’t know if I’d be able to keep my calm with all her eccentricities.
Favourite Quote:
“It seems that both at the northern and southern gates of my life stands a deluded woman.”

Comments
Post a Comment