Rating:
3 Stars
Themes:
Crime, Thriller, Short Story, Horror
Thoughts:
This is my first MacBride but I don’t think it’ll be the last, I was impressed with just how much story he managed to tell in such a short book. At the beginning I had no clue if the trio were supposed to be the good guys or the villains but as I made my way through the book I realised their road trip was more complicated than just good and evil. There’s a lot more morally grey in the story than I expected picking the book up and surprisingly little details on the murderer or any of his POV. There are some brutal scenes included and while MacBride doesn’t shy away from the details, there’s still some prolonged violence he fades to black for.
Favourite Quote:
“Never point a gun at someone you're not prepared to kill.”

Comments
Post a Comment