Rating:
3 Stars
Themes:
Prequel, Novella, Thriller, Mystery
Thoughts:
This is quite a short and fast paced book that has an interesting plot. At just 136 pages I thought it could be a good introduction to Slaughter’s work but I think I may have to try another to make a fair decision. I did like the strong independent female character of Charlie as while she is able to look after herself she still has people who love and care for her rather than her having to do it all alone. Flora and the story winding around her keeps you guessing a little and she’s definitely a complex and interesting character. However, I did feel that the nausea and what it indicated felt like an overdone cliche and that the story itself feels a little unresolved but hopefully with it being a prequel a lot of the bits that felt unresolved will be handled in The Good Daughter book.
Favourite Quote:
“There was nothing more torturous, more lonely, than being iced out by a gaggle of teenage girls.”

Comments
Post a Comment