Rating:
5 Stars
Themes:
Non-Fiction, LGBTQ+, Own Voices
Thoughts:
This is a really interesting collection of stories that shows the diversity in being trans, there are stories of happiness and hope alongside the harsh reality that can be faced socially or medically transitioning. I really enjoyed the insight into another part of the LGBTQ+ community from a broad lens as I don’t have these experiences but love learning more so I can better understand (although it is NOT the job of minorities to educate us, own voices resources like this are so important). I would have liked to have seen a little more on intersectionality as race and disability also impact the way different trans people are treated differently but I get that it’s competition winners so JKP couldn’t control who entered/won and published what they had to hand. This one is really worth a read, it's quick but really enlightening.
Favourite Quote:
“We are everywhere and yes, we are changing the fabric of society, but my god, who told you that was a bad thing?”

Comments
Post a Comment