Rating:
4 Stars
Themes:
Poetry
Thoughts:
I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily. This is a great introduction to Dickinson’s works. The introduction is nice and then the book itself groups Dickinson’s poems into love, death and spirituality, creativity and identity, and nature. The curator has picked some great poems and does have a few literary critiques but for the most part lets Dickinson’s poems speak for themselves. It is weird to have someone critique work, especially arguing with others without really knowing who they are though. The cover is also gorgeous and drew me to the book itself, I like the touch of it being a bird as that is her most well known poem.
Favourite Quote:
“Because I could not stop for Death -
He kindly stopped for me -
The Carriage held but just Ourselves -
And Immortality”

Hey KJK! Hope you’re doing well.
ReplyDeleteI’ve just finished a psychological horror short story called The Black Cup (about 7,600 words), where a man awakens at the same impossible banquet after every killing, and three cups await him.
I’m putting together a small ARC team before launch.
If you enjoy morally complex characters, psychological tension, symbolic storytelling, and stories that leave you thinking long after the final page, I think this might be up your alley.
I thought of you because you seem to enjoy psychological stories. If you’re interested, I’d love to send you a free advance ePUB copy in exchange for an honest review before release. No pressure at all if it’s not your thing!
You can read Chapter 1 and sign up here:
🔗 www.bio.site/Shawnwalrus
Thank you!